Thursday, October 22, 2015

Post Surgery Thyroid Removal Post-Op Recovery 11 months later - Cancer Free!

ICYMI: Click here to see my last surgery post with pictures.

I haven't updated this (or anything) in a while. Here's how my surgery scar is healing 11 months later.

It took a while (about 5+ months) to get my scar to flatten out. It's common to have hypertrophic scarring after this surgery. 

I used the Target brand Up & Up silicone scar sheets. They're a generic for Scar Away. I don't remember the price difference but if the name brand is all that is available, it's  worth it to speed the flattening. By the time I finished just 1 box, I definitely noticed a difference. The ends of my scar were puffy, one side more than the other. After using the sheets as directed, one end had flattened and the other was less puffy. At 11 months post-surgery, neither end is puffy. Most of the time my scar is unnoticed by people.  

Thank you to the handful of people who have hopped on Instagram to follow me from here! I'm BourbonLegends on there of you want to peep my average life.