Sunday, December 14, 2014

Post Surgery Thyroid Removal Post-Op Recovery Days 11-26 - Cancer Free!

So I'm not going to give a huge rundown of each day and my side-effects of surgery anymore since I'm just down to incision care now. As of now, Day 26, I have very little incision swelling. I don't require the use of any pain medicine, and I can sleep normally, as well as do all of the things I do normally. I still don't have full range of my voice. It's very slowly getting better, but singing still sounds horrible. After I strain my voice (talking loud, attempting to sing...poorly) inside of my throat/neck swells, and I feel like I'm softly being choked. This is all that's been going on since my last update.

If you want to see my post from recovery days 1-3, click here.
If you want to see my post from recovery days 4-10, click here.
If you want to see my post at 11 months post-surgery, click here.

Day 14
Day 16 with triple antibiotic ointment
Day 19

Day 24